Story is growing and we are always on the look-out for people to join the team whether on a permanent or freelance basis.
Story is looking for a full-time Video Editor and Motion Graphics Artist to work in our Bradford office. This calls for a talented offline video editor and digital all-rounder who is both highly creative and has the ability to take documentary style footage without a definitive story, and craft it into an engaging narrative.
The focus of the role is to support the video delivery across all our clients’ brands.
You will be familiar with working in a post-production team, used to taking a brief and liaising with a Producer at various stages of the edit, offering creative ideas and flagging issues that may seem problematic, before they arise.
You will get taught our working processes which includes having a methodical approach to setting-up and organising your projects. Working from a server, duplicating sequences, colour grading, cut-downs and subtitling should all be second nature to you.
Essential Skills & Requirements
- At least 3 years of professional experience in editing.
- Great attention to detail. Watching through and checking your work at every step of the process.
- A strong portfolio, demonstrating video/motion design work. **Please supply an online portfolio of work when submitting your application**
- Great understanding of digital delivery for film. As well as being able to edit videos from scratch you must be familiar with understanding and working with other people’s video projects.
- Keep up to date on new updates within Premiere Pro and After Effects (inc scripts and plug-ins)
- Should love innovation in the latest video & motion graphics techniques.
- Robust audio/music design and strong understanding of layout & type.
- Premiere Pro. Must have professional experience of the software & how it can be used to tell great stories through video editing.
- After Effects. Skill level required is knowing: Keying / Keyframe types / masks / null-layers / tracking / shape layers
- A general understanding of Photoshop/Illustrator to be able to prepare assets ready for After Effects / Premiere.
- £25-28k annual salary
- Flexible hours with some flexibility on working from home
- Pension Scheme
- 29 Days Holiday
Story is a Bradford based digital content agency, specialising in education. We work with many of the region’s leading universities, independent schools and colleges as well as clients in the healthcare and technology sectors.
We’re a small, friendly team that is eager to tell our clients stories in the most creative ways possible. Our work spans film, photography and motion graphics.
How to Apply
Apply via LinkedIn or Send your CV and covering letter to email@example.com
As the business grows, so does our need to have trusted, professional freelancers who are available to join our production and post-production teams on a project by project basis.
We are currently refreshing our freelance database and would love to hear from Editors, Camera Operators, Sound Recordists and Photographers who have professional experience and a strong showreel/portfolio.
Please do not contact us if you are a photography post-production, batch editing company. We have that covered.
We are looking forward to partnering with local HE institutions to offer graduate level placements throughout the year. This means that we will not be in a position to offer work experience outside of these schemes at this time.